Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 05:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Handheld GPS  (Read 2815 times)
ZIM

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 07:58:55 AM »

I want to buy a handheld GPS.  Does anybody have recommendations?

18 PM Skiff
Flat Bottom Girl
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:38:15 AM »

I don't think you can go wrong with a Garmin. I've had one for about 6 years and use it all the time. It's still going strong and they have great customer service if you do have an issue.
conway

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »

Another to consider is the Lowrance with a chart. The screen is small but you can easily navigate.I've used one as a back up when my main unit broke.
beavis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:13:49 AM »

I have had both and would take a garmin over the lowrance.  Not because of maps. Both are equal as far as using them.  The construction on the garmin was better.  I had the color Ifinder h20 c and I have the garmin 60csx. The battery compartment on the lowrance would not seal from water which is was rated to keep water out via the "Waterproof casing with sure-grip rubber welt seal".  I had it just sitting on the deck in a small puddle. Not even submerged.  Water got in and fried my navionics card.  I replaced it with the garmin which I have had for 3 years now. It was much more user friendly.  I still have not even used the manual on it.  I have had it submerged from leaving out in the rain and in puddles in the boat.  No problems with it at all.
ZIM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 09:21:42 AM »

Thanks for the recommendations. 

18 PM Skiff
Flat Bottom Girl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: