Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 06:12:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 Mods  (Read 8921 times)
conway

View Profile Email
« on: October 30, 2011, 12:59:18 AM »

I've been trying to sort out the storage issues of late and have fitted some side shelves and forward hatches. I plan on glassing in between the front seats to make a permanent ice box. I'm also building an ice box to mount the seats on.

So far i'm happy with the improvements and its amazing how big a difference it makes just having somewhere extra to put stuff. As a diver we tend to have alot of crap especially with 4 guys, the shelves fit 4 guns which gets them off the floor. I can also poke spare guns and bags through the front hatches where they poke through to the nose next to the anchor rope.

I plan on fitting a crucifix so that i can lock the chain into it and leave the anchor permanetly on the bow which makes anchoring and retreival alot easier and with less chance of damaging the bow.

Hopefully this will give others ideas and i'm open to any suggestions.

Neil.

By daye01 at 2011-10-30

By daye01 at 2011-10-30

By daye01 at 2011-10-30

By daye01 at 2011-10-30

By daye01 at 2011-10-30

By daye01 at 2011-10-30
imgranty
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:12:43 AM »

well done Neil it looks very useful. (more room then i thought under the front bench)

take care,

Grant
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 06:07:58 AM »

That is a serious anchor pulpit!

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
conway

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 02:06:27 AM »

Thanks Grant, yes i can definately stuff some gear in there now. It would be nice if Angler added some extra hatches in their moulds from factory as an option or as extras.

Theres definately no bending that pulpit. It should look better once i fit the anchor and chain etc. I'll post a picture once its finished.
Coconut Sunrise
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »

Dude
those Front Seat Hatch covers are GREAT   HOW DID YOU DO tHAT it Looks FACTORY !!!!!

Please Share !!!  WOW

Coconut
conway

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 02:21:13 AM »

ALOT of cutting, fibreglassing, filling and sanding!!
Mine had the vertical hatch covers fitted from factory so i was able to look inside the front benches and see what was in there. I then marked out the lids and cut through with a jigsaw. I made a lip that the lids then sit on. That was probably the hardest bit.The lips have channels that drain water back and out through a couple of tubes onto the deck. Once it was glassed i then used a powder filler and mixed it with the flowcoat. This goes on over all the new areas and fills all the holes and imperfections. I then sanded that back and painted on the flowcoat colour. After that sand it smooth and buff it. I spent a bit of time rounding the edges on all the hatches and edges which gives it that factory look.

I itched with fibreglass for weeks!! I've just finished the box which i mounted the seats onto. Looks good and very practical. Next step is glass in between the front benches and fit a t top. Also gotta get a plotter.
Coconut Sunrise
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »

I am Still Impressed !!!  

I would PAY FOR THAT !!!

More Pictures Please !!

Dude You are a TRUE CRAFTSMAN !!!

Also there IS A TON of space under the deck in front on CONSOLE  I mean a TON !!
a nice place for More Storage

Coconut
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:33:18 PM by Coconut Sunrise » Logged
stx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »

Conway

Where did you get the shelves for the sides? You have gone a great job on your project. I believe you have motivated many owners to look for more ways to increase storage

Tommy
conway

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »

Tommy,

i cut them out of the side wall. First remove the fibreglass skin then shape the foam underneath then glass over it. Bit of work but worth it.
Coconut Sunrise
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:55:24 AM »

More Pictures of the project this is great work Dude, I wish I could do it

Coconut
Coconut Sunrise
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »