Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrades to a 2007 Niente  (Read 1497 times)
jtrez

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »

Hi guys:

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Panga Marine Niente with a 70 suzuki four stroke. I love the boat, but wish it had some more bells and whistles sometimes such as a t-top and bow mount trolling motor. 

Does anyone have experience fitting an aftermarket t-top to this model? Any recommendations?

Also, my Panga is rolled gunnel, no cap. Can a cap be fitted now? anyone know what that might cost? Anyone had an aluminum or fiberglass bracket made to put a bow mount on a rolled gunnel Panga? Any idea who knows how to do this/how much?

Any help is appreciated. I absolutely love my boat, so much that I want to make it even better.
Park

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 07:53:28 PM »

I can't speak from direct experience, but can only guess that Rob at PangaMarine can and will be able to answer all of your questions, Good luck with your Niente.
9ball

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 05:02:29 AM »

I put a Fishmaster T-Top on my Niente.  It was OK and equivalent to the Stryker T-Top that is also out there.  The Styker has a little better lines in my opinion.  With that being said, I had Panga build the T-Top on the boat I currently have and like it so much more.  Custom top is worth the money but if money is tight, T-Tops in a box are not a bad deal.  I am not sure about the rolled gunnel top and the TM installation. 
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 06:56:59 AM »

Hey man, Welcome to the forum!

I have talked to rob about the addition of the cap and he says it can be done.  I wanted to do my 22 but after running the boat for awhile i just can justify the need of putting it on besides being able to run under gunnel lights all around.

T-Top - I would have it custom made. Makes all the difference in the world getting exactly what you want.

For the trolling motor you should be able to fab up a plate made out of starboard to mount the trolling motor to pretty easily. Just thru bolt the plate.

Hope this helps!

jtrez

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »

Thanks, probably prefab top for me as budget is tight right now. I have seen some starboard mounts out there, sounds like a stack of starboard cut to the right spot might make a big enough flat spot. Appreciate the input.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: