Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2017, 03:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: manual pole anchors  (Read 2185 times)
Francis P

View Profile Email
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:19:05 AM »

Hi guys, I would be interested in experiences with pole anchors{especially manual) is an 8 foot pole long enough, are longer ones practical,thoughts on diameter. I just made two fg brackets which I will mount over my cap rails.  thanks Francis
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 05:57:45 AM »

Depending on the ground the anchors work great. I had a 10' stick it anchor. Reason I went with longer is I usually anchor in 6' of water then you stick it in 2' of ground and have 2' sticking up.

They also just came out with motor bracket mounts that look to work great.

trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:50:47 PM »

http://www.mgs4u.com/shallow-water-boat-anchors.htm?utm_source=Catfish%20Edge&utm_medium=shallow%20water%20anchor&utm_term=shallow%20water%20anchor&utm_content=shallow%20water%20anchor%20article&utm_campaign=shallow%20water%20anchor%20article

This is the route I went.  My boat is a 20SS.  I went with 1 in. fibergalss rod.  I got the T grip, 2 couplings, 1 hard soil tip,  one 8 ft. rod, one 4 ft. rod and one 6in. rod and put it together myself.  With this I have a choice of a 8ft. rod or a 12ft rod.  Been very pleased with it so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: