Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 11:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Comfortable would a 19' ride in an Inter Coastal Environment East Florida  (Read 1445 times)
robroy555

View Profile Email
« on: November 22, 2016, 12:44:35 PM »

I am looking at a 19' Panga, I have a 16' Carolina Skiff (Wet and rough ride) and I nee 8)d a boat that can occasionally take the wife for a ride.  The Carolina is proven to be too rough a ride for my wife's back.  I do a lot of fishing in the intercoastal in St. Augustine Florida.  I love the look of Panga and I am just concerned with ride an how wet compared to my Carolina it would be.  I am new to this forum thing so thanks in advance for your help!  Cheers!
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 02:38:02 PM »

I have a 20 on the intercoastal here in Palm Coast have ridden it from Ponce to Palm Valley with no problems. If you want to go for a ride send a pm.

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
robroy555

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »

Thanks, I will be traveling to Tampa to see our boys for thanksgiving and may try to go to Sarasota and visit the factory.  Thanks for the offer, my only concern is that if I go with a 18' or even the 19' I wonder how much difference the ride would be.  My preference is to get a ride in one that I will be buying, you are so nice to offer, thanks soooo much!  I assume you have no complaints with your 20'?
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »

None at all, I've had it in the backwaters of Pellicer Creek and 60 miles offshore. Cape Canaveral, off St Augustine, Tampa Bay, Hernando Beach, Homossassa, Port St Joe, Mexico Beach, Ft Myers, rides great. Drop me a pm if you want a ride.

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 09:22:06 AM »

The difference in ride will be night and day.  The Carolina Skiff has no V at all so all the wave energy gets applied to the hull and then to your body.  With the Panga Hull you have a super steep entry that can cut through the waves instead of plowing into them.  Once you learn how to handle the uniqueness of the hull, Steep entry flat stern you can make it ride like a much bigger boat.  My only recommendation is to get trim tabs, not only to make it ride level but to dip the bow just enough to take the chop.

Good Luck!

reyrey

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »

I've had both, Panga rides WAY better than the Carolina.  The Panga will eat up the chop head on and we all know what the Carolina will do.  In a quarting or beam sea with strong wind, you will get some spray with the Panga.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:59:00 AM by reyrey » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: