Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2017, 12:01:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: imemsa w29 tramsom capacity  (Read 821 times)
Helms deep

View Profile Email
« on: December 11, 2016, 09:20:11 AM »

i am building a imemsa w29 out. Boat will come a a hull only. I am going to dress her out with everything i have on my 26 and more. I want yamaha inline power and redundancy for long range open water fishing. My question is weather or not the boat can handle twin 200 In line 4 cyl 4 stroke power and weight. The 150 ,175, 200 are all the same motor and 100# more than the 115hp.  I am adding 400# of weight to the dry boat but even with the 115 hp i am doubling the hp.  My current problem is if i have more than 3 pp on board the motor seems a little sluggish and like its working. When i build out the 29 i will have more people at times and more stuff. I feel if i move to the next size up and the weight is the same it is better to have hp to spare and work the engines less. Does any one know if the boat transom can handle 800# give or take , and the torque if i use all the ponies?
jsirven

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »

Are you going to purchase just the hull without a floor and console and build it yourself or purchase it with floor already and just rig it out?

Thanks
Marr70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 08:11:12 AM »

I was looking into the same boat and talked to an Imemsa dealer near the border where I live (Guatemala). He told me they used in Mexico the 29 with twin 200 Yamaha 2 strokes, for river boats where they load them with 20 + people. Those motors weigh roughly 400lbs. In the end I decided the best choice for my intended use would be twin 115 or 140 Suzuki, my plan was to build it up as a CC, with a head,  and carry up to 12-14 people when need be. Have yet to build the boat though. I guess you may need to reinforce the transom and play with weight distribution but the hull can take the HP. I have seen different brand 31 panga with twin 250 Etecs and its used to take people to and from Belize.

It is also common to see here local made 26 pangas with single 200 motors. It does defeat somewhat the fuel economy feature of a panga, however even with a twin setup, a panga will burn much less fuel than a traditional CC boat.
Helms deep

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:41:17 AM »

I was looking into the same boat and talked to an Imemsa dealer near the border where I live (Guatemala). He told me they used in Mexico the 29 with twin 200 Yamaha 2 strokes, for river boats where they load them with 20 + people. Those motors weigh roughly 400lbs. In the end I decided the best choice for my intended use would be twin 115 or 140 Suzuki, my plan was to build it up as a CC, with a head,  and carry up to 12-14 people when need be. Have yet to build the boat though. I guess you may need to reinforce the transom and play with weight distribution but the hull can take the HP. I have seen different brand 31 panga with twin 250 Etecs and its used to take people to and from Belize.

It is also common to see here local made 26 pangas with single 200 motors. It does defeat somewhat the fuel economy feature of a panga, however even with a twin setup, a panga will burn much less fuel than a traditional CC boat.
shell only no floor building out myself
Helms deep

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 06:19:22 AM »

shell only no floor building out myself

the 90 hp and 115 are the same motor. The 150 , 175, 200 are the same motor. the 225,275 and 300 are the same motor. Fuel economy will not be effected by getting the highest horse power in each bracket. In fact , it may be better because motor works less and can keep heavy loads on a plane longer and earlier. Of course, the little chip that ramps them up ( nothing but a program) is how they get ya. horsepower cost$$$. I have heard of reprogramming a lessor hp one to higher hp, but that voids your warranty. I did extensive research , I am putting a 300 on my w29 with the use of a high out put 9.9 when i get more than 40 miles out and  boat traffic thins out with limited ship to shore radio reception. This takes 500-600 lbs of weight away and one whole engines worth of drag vs twin 150 hp. Not to mention half the maintenance and space consumption. The rules i have come across are playing out to be true. 1 what ever your horse  power is At WOT , 10% of your hp is what you gph  fuel consumption will be. { a 100 hp will burn 10gph a 250 will burn 25 gph} the Hull design produces how fast you will be going which produces you fuel economy . Prop and hull design will determine weather you achieve plane at half that fuel burn /less or more. Pangas are the best in all categories. Second , 100hp per 2000lbs to determine engine size. my 2 cents
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: