Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 11:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Panga Hulls and Transducer Concerns...  (Read 881 times)
Reelsneaky

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2017, 01:25:34 PM »

Need some input here please. I'm in the midst of planning a new 26' panga build. I've got real concerns about transducers for my Garmin equipment which is 2 Garmin 7610xsv's. In reading, transom mount transducers don't do so well which is fine.

Here's what I have: Airmar B175HW Thru Hull transducer which shouldn't be a big deal, figuring placing that midships.

The possible problem is that I have a THRU HULL PAIR Garmin GT51 (THP). In reading the panga hull designs are problematic for trying to mount side scan transducers/down scan transducers. This pair was well over $1,000 and above and beyond that, I don't want to just cut holes into the hull. My initial thoughts are to possibly place the pair close to midships and just to the port and starboard side of the pad. I may well be ALL WET here and really hoping for some solid input from those in the know.

The attached photo shows an engine bracket, I am more likely than not going to go with a Bob's Jackplate, we've got a lot of skinny water up our way.
Also attached are a few photos and illustration from Garmin. Another option MAY be to just installed a single transducer on the pad but away from the prop. The KEY is to keep EVERYTHING out of dirty water or they're not going to work worth a damn.

I am WIDE open to input and thoughts here, it's a problem to say the least and a real possible issue.

Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:04:02 PM »

What Panga hull is that?  Looks to me like the 3rd picture is a setup for a panga style hull

Reelsneaky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:05:51 AM »

The profile pic of that hull is a Pelagic Hybrid. The photo with the single transducer is not on a panga. I think I've got it figured out. With over $2K in transducers I want to do it right the first time and don't want any more than necessary holes in the hull.
StripItDown

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 07:06:27 PM »

Did you figure out how to mount your transducer? In in the same situation and really want to mount the total scan (same dimensions as LSS-2) transducer on my transom. Anyone know where to mount for optimal results? Im hoping it can at least hold bottom at crusing speed (25-30 mph) and give good imagery at trolling speeds.
Specktackulure

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »

I about to have the same problem as to where to place the transducer. My feeling is I will have to put it in the water a few times and try and mark a location when I see it sitting in the water. I am having a Imemsa 25 built/rigged out at this time.

Jeff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: