Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2017, 12:08:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Irregular Splash back from motor at WOT  (Read 694 times)
Jderzypolski

View Profile Email
« on: April 05, 2017, 12:46:46 PM »

2009 Panga 18 skiff with a 70tlr throwing splash back into rear of boat at WOT and trimmed all the way down at normal load.  The prop is the Yamaha issued.  The motor is mounted on the lowest setting (top holes).  The cavitation plate is approximately 1" above the bottom of the hull sitting on trailer.  While running it appears that the water level at WOT is perhaps, not certain, over the cav-plate.  Anyone experience this?  Suggestions on resolving it?  My plan is to lift the motor up and re-mount on the second hole from the top.  Also, no trim tabs on her.  Thank you for the suggestions! 
James
9ball

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:41:55 AM »

I believe you are on the right track, motor is probably a little low in the water.  Tabs could help as well.  Here is a link from another site where the topic has been discussed.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/general-boating-outdoors-activities/boat-topics-and-questions-not-engine-topics/275866-outboard-throwing-water-in-boat-hydrofoils
Jderzypolski

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 02:22:19 PM »

Thanks 9ball.  Didn't think I would get a response; seems like this forum may be fading. 
Gratefully,
Pangdango

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:57:01 PM »

I have a 90 etec and I have been thinking about a hyrofoil... I have been getting a few splashes and would rather do this then trim tabs

Pang·dan·go
/PangˈdaNGɡō/
a foolish or useless act or thing; nonsense; tomfoolery.
9ball

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 03:26:27 AM »

My last boat was a 19 without trim tabs.  Upgraded to a 20SS with trim tabs and I can say, they are well worth the investment. 
trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »

I have a 20SS with an Etec 115 and trim pads are well worth the expense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: