Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2017, 12:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: building my w29 I have a fuel tank question.  (Read 403 times)
Helms deep

View Profile Email
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »

I have just received my W29 Panga shell. I am trying to figure out the best place to put my fuel tank. I have it midships on my 26 , but my friend has his in the stern ( factory placed ) by imemsa . He gets better fuel economy that i do but i am heavier and have more wind drag. I am wondering how much of his economy ,If any , is because his motor isnt working as hard to lift the bow due to the weight being forward.
dlbarb

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »

I say move it forward as much as possilbe.  These boats ride much better with the nose down in the waves.
jsirven

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:16 PM »

Helms Deep congratulations, how exciting, please post pictures.  Where are you located?

Thank you
Jts

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »

Helms deep, did you mean to say stern?  The imemsas I have seen (here in the states) have had the fuel tank in the bow.
Helms deep

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:03:25 AM »

yes , stern . From the Imemsa factory built under the stern casting deck. He has no external gas cap. Lifts one of the two stern hatches and his cap is mounted on the plastic tank.
Helms deep, did you mean to say stern?  The imemsas I have seen (here in the states) have had the fuel tank in the bow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: