Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2017, 03:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lower suwanee  (Read 96 times)
Francis P

View Profile Email
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:37:58 AM »

Does anyone here fish the lower Suwanee and area creeks(Dan-May,Barnett, etc) and does the stained water discourage scalloping? Is Fowlers Bluff a practical launch site and the others at Suwanee,and what are you catching?  Thanks  Francis P
trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:56:15 AM »

I would be interested in this also.  I normally fish around Homosassa and Chrystal River area and thinking about venturing further north.  Also does anyone know much about Cedar Key?
Helms deep

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:37:43 AM »

We looked into it when Port St joe was closed. It is not as clear or as easy as the " scallop areas" that advertise. But they are there. I heard around alligator point. We didnt go because we didnt want to explore when another 2 hours down the road was a sure thing. We killed them at Keyton beach.
gatorprof

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »

I do not fish the Suwannee area much, so I cannot help you.  You are right that stained water is not as popular for scalloping or scallops, so Suwannee and Cedar Key are reasonable choices.  Suwannee is a bit cheaper to launch, though - Cedar Key is $16 the last time I looked.

Whatever you do, launch early and end your day early to avoid prime times unless you are patient with long lines waiting to launch/load.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: