Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 11:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel guage  (Read 183 times)
Soverel28

View Profile Email
« on: September 26, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »

I have a 2017 Panga Niente and haven't quite figured out the fuel guage, it reads drastically different when standing still in the water and on a plane. It will read 1/2 when still and full on a plane. Any ideas on the closer reading and where this pickup would be on the tank? Forward or aft on the tank? Thanks
Rigger45

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »

Curious with what causes the issue.
9ball

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:45:01 AM »

I have similar performance with mine and believe it is common on most boats.  If you consider how the sending unit works, the size of the tank, and the fluctuation of gas with speed and pitch, you can realize why it is not true to the fuel level.  Fill the boat and run for an average full day.  Refuel and see how many gallons you used.  This is much more trustworthy than a guage.  I have a 20 Super Skiff with a 35 gallon fuel tank.  I have never refilled more than 15 gallons after a full day of running but always top of the tank after two average days on the water or one long day.  You can always invest into an electronic fuel monitoring system if you think it is worth it.   
trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »

I have similar performance with mine and believe it is common on most boats.  If you consider how the sending unit works, the size of the tank, and the fluctuation of gas with speed and pitch, you can realize why it is not true to the fuel level.  Fill the boat and run for an average full day.  Refuel and see how many gallons you used.  This is much more trustworthy than a guage.  I have a 20 Super Skiff with a 35 gallon fuel tank.  I have never refilled more than 15 gallons after a full day of running but always top of the tank after two average days on the water or one long day.  You can always invest into an electronic fuel monitoring system if you think it is worth it.   
I have the 20SS also with the same fuel gauge questions.  Like you, I top off the tank after most outings.  I think a fuel gauge in any boat is not going to be very accurate.  I am in the process of installing an I-command gauge to show fuel burn.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: