Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 08:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for info on Viking Panga Honduras built  (Read 330 times)
capt.red

View Profile Email
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:01:26 PM »

I have a 1975 model Viking Panga 25ft. have been told the boat was built in Honduras. does anyone know anything about these boats or the builder?
trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 04:27:03 AM »

Welcome aboard capt.red.  Dont know anything about Viking.  Tell us a little about it and pictures are always good.   Cool
capt.red

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »

Yep, I'll work on the picture thing.  I found this hull down in Port Aransas Tx. I had been in Corpus looking at new Imemsa hulls when I came across it on craigs list. It was pretty much a stripped out hull but it did have a deck in it. It was supposed to be a sealed deck with scuppers but I opened it up at the transom and found it with about 40-50 gallons of water in it. The boat had never had a drain plug installed. Turns out that the deck is a plastic honeycomb core and is in really good shape. The stringers are longitudinal fiberglass boxes and are filled with Styrofoam as are the spaces between them. The only wood in the boat is some 1/2 inch plywood pads glassed to the tops of the stringers to level the deck. The transom is a solid FG lamination. I'm currently adding a 1" cousa board lamination to the transom and building a casting platform across the stern that will house batteries and two bilge pumps as well as some storage. I will be mounting a console forward, about 18" back from the forward casting deck , leaving a lot of space for fishing in the middle. 29 gal fuel tank under the console, leaning post with big livewell behind console and probably a coffin box type cooler down the middle. Power will be a new 115 Yamaha 4stroke.  this boat will be used mostly for a striper fishing charter boat in north central texas and for some trips to the bay and rigs out of Matagorda. This has turned into a pretty big project but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I'll figure out how to post pics and start a build thread so I can hopefully get some good ideas from those that have gone before me on a project like this. this could turn out to be a pretty long story...lol..
capt.red

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »

I just found some pics of the uforia Pangas and my hull looks like it came out of the same mold. has those indentations on the side near the bow and the same sweep to the sides and round corners at the transom.
trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:16:34 AM »

Curious about the 29 gal. fuel tank.  Will you be running the boat very far?  Not sure about MPG of a 115HP on a 25ft.  I have a 29 gal. in my 20 ft. running a 115 Etec and wish it was a little larger.  But then maybe the 115 will do better on a longer boat.
capt.red

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »

I think 29gal. will be plenty for daily operations on the lake.  Our fishing trips last 4-5 hours, some of that time trolling and some drifting live bait. shouldn't be an issue.  once we determine what gals. per hour really are we'll know more about running offshore to the rigs some. no big deal to carry xtra fuel for those trips if we need it.
capt.red

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:35:40 PM »

https://ibb.co/i68xGG
trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »

Love to catch those striper's.   Cool
Pangdango

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »

Check these guys out they have a facebook page and there was a thread on the Hull Truth

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/803494-pelagic-hybrids.html

and you can google this for several images

Pelagic Hybrids. Made in the USA. 100% composite

Pang·dan·go
/PangˈdaNGɡō/
a foolish or useless act or thing; nonsense; tomfoolery.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: