Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 06:12:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: red fishing  (Read 4253 times)
nightfisher

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »

I know this a stupid question, but does any body know what a good bait for reds are because i cannot seem to catch very many. Every time I throw out a spoon i get a snook or big lady fish. And every time i throw out shrimp i get big pin fish or catfish. Then when i throw out a top water i get nothing. any help please
Bonefish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:53:17 PM »

Their favorite food is crabs, small ones if you can get them otherwise break one up.

But honestly, they will hit anything.  I usually use spoons or plastics but you can catch them on top waters as well.
Salty Tiger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »

If I'm red fishing, 90% of the time I'm throwing a Aqua Dream Living spoon and a top water and usually do pretty good. If reds are there and they're hungry they'll hit most anything. Just keep at it and try different spots/conditions until you get them dialed in.
captryan

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »

Next time you catch a ladyfish, keep it!  Ladyfish is Redfish candy!!!!!!!!!!!  I use it to sight cast redfish, chum for redfish, and put a piece of it on a 2/0 or 3/0 circle hook as bait.  Cut a piece right off the body from the back down so you have a chunck, not to big not to small.  Wing that mother out in your favorite redfish hole and watch your dreams come true
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: