Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 10:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: panga.con 22lx--t-top or not  (Read 4715 times)
Perdido

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2012, 01:20:30 PM »

Debating adding a t-top or not to narrow panga.com 22lx--concerns about decreased performance and side winds catching it--but would be good to have something overhead. All opinions are welcome.  Thanks
DIXON7007

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »

I DON'T OWN A PANGA,YET. WHEN I GET ONE I AM CONSIDERING A RADAR ARCH WITH A BIMINI . IT SEEMS TO BE IDEAL WITH THE BEAM WIDTH AND WALKING ROOM AROUND THE CONSOLE. JUST MY OPINION.
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »

I say go for it, the sun relief with the added storage is 100% worth it.

Dixon- Watch the all caps for me, and if you plan on fishing the boat a radar arch is a pain in the ass. If you are fighting a fish and need to walk from the back to the front you will have to switch hands going around the arch, a good opportunity to lose a rod and reel.

Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

I agree with Capt Tyler, there is some degradation of speed performance both on the water and trailering, but the shade and extra storage and mounting points for electronics more than make up for it.

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
Keyscapn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »

When brand new and lightly loaded my old boat, a Panga.com 22.5 got 32 knots wide open. A t top, bottom paint and other stuff cut that to 29 kts when I sold it after 7 years of faithful service. For me the t top was worth the loss in speed. I tried a bimini first but that was a disaster.
afl

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 01:06:22 PM »

My 22 LX has a bimini top and has been in storage for the last year...if I did it again and wanted the shade/storage, I'd go with a t-top.  For now I am very happy without either though.
Good luck.
yellowtail67

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »

My .02$.... Get one!
The shade is unreal! It took me 4 years to get one and I wish I'd purchased it years ago. Well worth it.
I got a Stryker T-top, great customer service and product.
Good luck...
Keyscapn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »

I put a Fishmaster t-top on my old boat a panga.com and it was a great improvement over the bimini. On my new Imemsa 26' panga I went with a Smith stainless steel t-top and really like it. It cost a little more 2000 vs. 1200, but the way it hugs the console gives much more room to move about the boat. I got both onlineand installed them myself.
AaronAmaws

484993164 alexsofteu@gmail.com AaronAmaws AaronAmaws
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 05:49:52 AM »

I dont know if this is a problem for anyone else but when I go to the main TCR page and look click on the photos under the last 4 added the top two open but the image does not display.

I recommend trying superior trading system for profitable business
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: