Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 10:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in a group buy of 26 foot or bigger Pangas?  (Read 36396 times)
Tinklespout

View Profile Email
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »

Tongue
Hi Y'all,
I've seen some pretty amazing price breaks when more than one boat is purchased. I'm not in a big hurry and would like to find others to join me in a group buy for delivery to Florida. I'm in the Ft. Myers area; Punta Gorda to be exact.

I'm willing to do most of the legwork but would like to have some input from experienced folks on what to look for and look out for.

I am not looking for a highly finished boat, been there, done that. I want a boat that I can USE and not have to worry about every little scratch.

The Imemsa looks pretty good to me. I'm open-minded to other brands of course. I've seen some really good prices from China. Are they more high-tech in their construction processes than Imemsa?

I like the boats with slightly higher sides (i.e. the BA models at Imemsa) but heard that I should stay away from them; anyone know why that would be?

It may sound strange but I'm looking forward to the research part of this purchase. I hope to hear from Y'all soon.

Take Care,

Tink
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:59:58 PM by Tinklespout » Logged
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »

Tink, sounds interesting.

I might be on board if you can find a good deal.

Keep me in the loop.

JohnLB

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 03:10:50 PM »

Hello,
I'm also interested in a Group buy! In fact, I'm a pilot and was considering just getting one out of Mexico myself, but too much trouble and I believe a group buy would certainly be more advantageous! Keep in informed and my email is: galwaypub@att.net
John
kongfish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »

i would be interested in going in on the group buy also. where are you on the deal? do you see it happening anytime soon?
Let me know, to fly down there would be the thing to do.just fly them back and then do the registration. ive been across into Mexico multiple times and bought boats from locals that i took home into the US and never even got a mention about what I was doing .
Gary
dlbarb

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 05:41:40 AM »

Count me in on a 25 or 26.  Please provide some details.
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »

I see a lot of new people on the thread....thats great, Welcome!!!

Have any of you gone to Panga Marine in Sarasota to meet the builder and see/trial their boats?

I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you do not to fully evaluate a local US manufacturer who offers a DIY 22 in various stages of completion.  To me the ability to access ongoing support (i am doing a DIY boat), AND warranty when needed more than pays for any (if any) money you would save...never mind the hassles and uncertainties of buying in Mexico.

My business partner is from Mexico and many of his family members live there, so many of the problems and uncertainties (dangers???) were eliminated .... but i still bought in the US.  I also think the quality and versatility of the Panga 22 made my decision very easy.

So many people seem to spend an inordinate amount of time talking about details, specs, dimensions etc....but never seem to go and look at the boats....they seem paralyzed by the analysis phase.  Go and see one and meet the people who will be there to support you after the sale.

http://www.pangamarine.com

Just my 2 cents...

Anthony (not affiliated with any builder)
Rhett

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »

dlbarb, do not hold your breath. This thread was started November 2012, revived August 2014 and now August 2015.

After lots of research, what "avitucci" said. The introduction of the Panga Marine 22 DIY Hull is a no brain er, if anyone is looking for a bare hull wanting to run a Tiller Outboard or to build. Looking for a bigger hull, I would inquire with Panga Marine about a possible 29 foot DIY purchase. They just might do it!

Panga Marine DIY link: http://www.pangamarine.com/diy.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:28:41 PM by Rhett » Logged
dlbarb

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 05:56:36 AM »

I have looked a spoke with the pangamarine folks but they don't offer a 25.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: