Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 05:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bow Rod Holders  (Read 5555 times)
Thirsty P

View Profile Email
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »

I want to install some flush mounted rod holders near the bow of my 22 Bonefish.  Anyone have any thoughts or comments on areas to avoid?  Any tips that you would like to pass along?  

Image showing locations of bow rod holders:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:59:19 AM by Thirsty P » Logged

2010 Andros 22 Bonefish
150 HP Etec
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 02:08:37 PM »

Mounted some in the same location on the bow with no issues on my 23'. You should be able to reach around and check those though the anchor locker if not pull the speakers out and try and reach underneath from there for clearance. I think you would be good on either location but I would shoot an email to Andros just to check. That boat's too pretty to mess up and put a hole in the wrong location. Good luck.
permit 22

rudyfollowthru
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »

I have bow mounted rod holders in my 22 permit. they are mounted just rearward of the trolling motor. The are facing forward at a 45 degree angle. I suspect you would have no issue mounting just rearward of your speakers.

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.
Thirsty P

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »

Thanks guys.  I emailed Danny just before posting this on here to get his input.  So I will see what they say. 

Any chance you guys could post a photo of your installed rod holders? 

2010 Andros 22 Bonefish
150 HP Etec
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:43:29 PM »

More rod holders = more fish. I think?
Cudjoe Cuda

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 05:03:33 AM »

The only problem area should be just around the gas inlet Shocked

23' Andros Cuda
200HP Mercury Verado
Thirsty P

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 06:12:12 AM »

The only problem area should be just around the gas inlet Shocked

Great point.  I believe I will slide that one more forward to clear any fuel system plumbing, etc. 

Thanks for the pic Snook.  That was a nice Dolphin haul!  Did you install your holders yourself or have someone do it for you?  I am thinking of installing them myself, as it shouldn't be difficult.  But I don't want to booger the boat up either. 

2010 Andros 22 Bonefish
150 HP Etec
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 07:14:44 AM »

Yeah, I put the holders in myself. The ones on the bow are vertical holders and the two I put farther back are the angled ones just to the side of outriggers. You can find videos on Youtube on how to do it if you're unsure. It's really easy, and slightly scary (you don't want to put them in the wrong spot that's for sure). I must have measured those things at least 10 times each.
Rigger45

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 10:53:29 PM »

I bought some from  e bay they are called spiderking rod holders, they look just like these I will take some pics and post.

Curious with how those would install. I've been planning to get one of these for the boat right after we finished installing the new shocks and smittybilt bumper on my Wrangler. Looking forward to the pics.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:55:53 PM by Rigger45 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: