Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 05:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Double Trouble PhotoS  (Read 6682 times)
Double Trouble

View Profile Email
« on: May 27, 2013, 06:33:02 PM »

"Blue Marlin Magnet"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:43:10 PM by Double Trouble » Logged
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »

Looks good man, what mold did you use? especially like the tuna tubes!

Btw, I deleted all of your come look at me post. Please done do that it just clutters things up.

Double Trouble

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »

It's a Van Diaz hull but the consoles, rigging ec...was either done by me and or state side in San Diego. Tubes are great once they run properly but thank! I have another large oval tuna tube in the corner transom bait tank that's built with a quick disconnect so it can either be a 35 gal bait tank or hold a 20lb Tuna. I have 2 3800gph pumps running all 5 tubes. I have an additional 48 gal bait tank in the center
Double Trouble

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »

Captain Tyler .....which jack plate is best that you recommend? My motor is sitting way to low in the water so I thought it was best to add a jack plate so I have more control of adjusting the motor height.
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »

Ive heard good things about the Porta Bracket

http://www.portaproducts.com/index.php?page=56

Double Trouble

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 08:25:07 AM »

I have a cut out transom was looking for a recommendation in regards to a Jack plate that will handle salt water well. I offshore fish I'm never in shallow water so I'm primarily trying to have a system that I can tweak the way I want instead of just bolting the motor higher and it's permanent.

You think once I adjust and prop the boat properly I will need to adjust the motor all that much? I would rather have manual jack plate instead of a Hydraulic plate, less to go wrong but I don't want to be sorry and make the wrong choice. Suggestions in your experience....Thank you
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:06:33 PM »

Looks like the motor is mounted in the lowest position. do you have any closer pics of how it is mounted?

The porta Bracket is designed to be used in Saltwater

CMC makes a manual that is good
http://www.pbsboatstore.com/Cook-Mfg.-65012.htm?feed=Froogle&gclid=CI2YtrWpvLcCFQdk7Aode1sApQ

Double Trouble

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 03:50:41 PM »

I don't have pics that would be helpful at this time the boats in Cabo. Your correct the motor is as high as its going to get for sure. Do you think if I purchase a manual jacklate I would be happy once I set the correct height? Would I need to adjust it between rough & calm weather?

CMC has a nice stainless one thanks for the advise.......
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »

Beautiful boat, looks like you have it dialed in. As far as jack plate goes I think a manual or hydraulic would be the way to go. The Porta Bracket is bad ass but it would require you to enclose the transom. I don't think you can install a Porta Bracket without doing so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: