Panga Forum
News:

Be Sure and visit our site sponsors. Every Click Helps!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 06:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What size motor for an imemsa 22 high side?  (Read 758 times)
Mstuart71

View Profile Email
« on: October 27, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »

I'm going to buy a 22high side from panga USA and I am trying to figure out what engine. I am either going to go with a 70hp yamaha or a 90hp mercury optimax. The yamaha is so light at 257lba and the merc is 120 lbs heavier. Is the hp to wieght ratio worth it? I'm really only looking at going 35WOT max.
Thanks Huh
Walt
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 03:24:21 PM »

I really like the 70 Yamaha, and I think it will work on a 22' if you rig it light.   How are you wanting to rig the boat? Floor, fuel cell, console, live wells?
Mstuart71

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

thanks for the reply. i am trying to go light. it will have a floor and cc, the fuel will be two 6 gallon removeable tanks and if i want to go far i will bring an extra jerry can. it will have a bimini top and a cooler in front of the cc for a seat. i will throw bean bags on it for other seating. i plan on using it to go scuba diving with 2-4 people total with 2 tanks a piece. i am really leaning toward the 70. i just don't want to be under powered, but i am no speed freak.
Walt
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »

This guy put a 60 HP on his 25' Immemsa, and it seems to be a good match for him. He rigged light and is using it for diving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZsxV6Htec&feature=player_detailpage
Panga Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sports Betting