Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 05:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Permit 22 Prop  (Read 3063 times)
charliea

View Profile Email
« on: November 21, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »

I'll post this for the next guy looking for a Permit prop.  I've found what I consider the perfect prop for my boat with a 140 Suzuki.  It's a PowerTech RXB4 15" pitch.  The 4-blade has a petty good bit of cupping.  The boat jumps out of the hole like a slingshot and accelerates hard enough to push you back into the leaning post.  Cruise at 4K is 23.5mph, 4.5K gives 28mph, and WOT is an even 6K at 36.8mph.  Just what I was looking for.

My next project is to raise the motor.  It's up 2 holes but is way, way too low.  I have to trim pretty far out to avoid sending spray from the lower unit back into the boat.  I can't imagine why Andros set it up this way, or why the previous owner tolerated it.  I sure can't.  Up to the top it's going.  Hopefully that'll fix it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:12:29 PM by charliea » Logged
ThomasPI

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »

Thanks Charlie, in all due time I'll need that info.

charliea

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 02:11:16 PM »

Just an update.  The Suzuki was mounted on the second hole, and was low.  I just got it raised one, to the third hole up.  The world changed.  The sun came out from behind the clouds.  Birds sang.  Butterflies butterflied.  You get the idea.  100% improvement.  Performance numbers remain the same, but the already amazing hole shot is even better, and the lower unit no longer sends up giant clouds of spray.  Motor trim is effective without using the tabs.  Why Andros mounted the motor there beats me, and why the former owner tolerated it for years is very strange, but it's right now, so hey!
Walt
Blue Star Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 05:18:53 PM »

The world changed.  The sun came out from behind the clouds.  Birds sang.  Butterflies butterflied. 

Your close! You'll have it right when you hear Angels singing  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: