Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 05:11:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 22' Permit vs 23' Cuda  (Read 3072 times)
ThomasPI

View Profile Email
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »

I've pretty much decided that an Andros is in our future. For the fishing that we do and the fact that having two boats isn't overly realistic the Andros Panga will surely fit the bill. I am comparing the 22' Permit vs the 23' Cuda.

The Cuda is a little beamier and only 1' or 12" LOA longer. We fish inshore to 10 or 15 miles out and on the flats.

Thoughts, comments and any  input welcomed as always and photos would be GREAT!

Thanks
Thomas
BigMac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:53:04 PM »

I have a Tortuga 23 same hull as the Permit 22' and I love it. It's great inshore boat and I've had it out 30 miles before. But that extra foot of width would be nice. If money were no object I would get the 23' Cuda that's an amazing boat.
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »

Thomas,

I was in your shoes about 3 years ago. Originally, I went to the Andros shop to look at a 22' Bonefish. Which was a great boat but after looking at it I realized that the 23' Cuda was more of what I needed. I know 1' longer and a 1' wider doesn't seem like much but when you see both boats side by side it's a huge difference. The draft difference between the two is 2". I ended up buying the Cuda.

Out of the 22' hulls I would go with the 22' Bonefish. It's a better looking hull and I would think it would have better resale than the Permit. The only benefit that I saw on the Permit was slightly higher gunnels.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:09:35 PM by snook321 » Logged
beavis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »

Your boat is just awesome to look at. That thing is schwweeeeeeeeeeeeett
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: