Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2017, 04:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2 touch  (Read 18360 times)
Spekchaser

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »

Anyone have any experience with the HDS 7 Gen 2 touch? Thinking about going with this unit.  It also has an added structure scan for really good side views. Thanks
Nicko

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

I'm using a Humminbird 798ci si but I've had a good look at the HDS 7 Gen 2 touch reviews and tutorials, seems like an excellent unit, I've heard the Humminbird is better in deeper country, so you might want to look into that depending on how deep you fish. My sidescan works to about 35 metres clearly, after that it's just a normal sounder really. Some people say they get close to 50 metres but I've never seen one work at those depths. Cheers.
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:02:47 AM »

Anyone have any experience with the HDS 7 Gen 2 touch? Thinking about going with this unit.  It also has an added structure scan for really good side views. Thanks

Speak chaser, did you ever get the Lowrance unit? I was thinking about getting one also. I was considering getting one with a 'structure scanning transducer' and the coastal avionics package.
fordy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »

Have you used one in person? is the 7 inch screen actually usable for structure scanning?
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »

I have the HDS 10 Gen 2.  From my experience, structure scan is great in smooth seas less than 100 feet deep, to find structure. Out side those parameters it's kinda sketchy.  Also, it is difficult to keep a screen clean in a open boat without putting your fingers all over the screen, plus some touch screens I've tried to use don't work with cold or wet fingers, that's why I prefer buttons.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:34:30 PM by Capt Brennan » Logged

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
Spekchaser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 05:26:50 PM »

Sorry I missed this post.  Yes I did get the HDS7 gen 2 with structure scan.  It's works well and I am still fine tuning. I been fishing shallow water lately so I haven't used much in past months.  It's a picture of structure that's really different from graphs.  I would buy it again.  I have a Niente so the 7 is fine but a 10 would be better for my old eyes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: