Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 06:12:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My 2013 Panga is for sale. Personal reasons...love the boat.  (Read 3114 times)
pangero

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 24, 2014, 04:17:16 AM »

2013 Angler Panga 26. This STUNNING boat was custom ordered by a marine surveyor (me) from Angler. Vinylester resin (55 gal. drum)specified in outer layers of hull laminate. Full transom with Port-a-Bracket (12" of travel). The 150 Mercury four stroke with Smartcraft gauges has extended warranty till Dec. 2019. Aluminum T-Top with FRP canopy, electronics box, forward and aft spreader lights. Rupp Top Gun outriggers. Garmin 4212 plotter has 1 KW transducer. Fusion stereo, VHF radio. Large (38 gal.) live well with leaning post/seat. Upgraded (pull-up) cleats, rod holders, white rub rail w/ stainless insert. Custom anchor pulpit has Lewmar windlass, with helm switch and wireless remote. This boat cruises over 26 mph at 4000 RPM and gets 3 to 4 MPG. W.O.T. is close to 36 MPH. Lenco tabs, and fresh water system with tank in the fuel pod. I have solved the cockpit drain issue with "Y" valves and a separate sump box with pump/float switch. You can put 10 people in the stern, and no one gets their feet wet! There is no other panga like this one! $63,500 (239)537-3676. See ad in Boat Trader for pictures.
Chasin' Hoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:18:32 PM »

Hey man.....real nice set up you have there, hope everything works out for you.

Just a couple questions...

What size trim tabs do you have and do you think they are efficient enough for the size boat?

Can you send me some pictures or diagrams on how you configured the cockpit drain?

Thanks!

CHASIN' HOO
pangero

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:59:05 AM »

Chasin Hoo,
The tabs are standard size from Angler, not sure exactly what size, but very effective. Will meaasure and get back to you. As for the drain system...I couldn't find a sump tank the right size or configuration, so I made one out of fiberglass, mounted it just forward of the bilge pump. I took each of the four drain hoses to a "Y" valve mounted on fiberglass "U" shaped brackets that I mounted to the outboard sides of the stringers. The tank has a removable lid, Rule 1100 pump and float switch. The float switch is wired battery direct with fuse, and I have a manual switch. The discharge is opposite the bilge pump thru hull, on the other side of the transom. It takes me 30 seconds to move the valves. I have plenty of pictures that I can send, but posting them here is a pain. PM me at captcarlmc@aol.com if you want pictures.
pangero

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 02:56:37 PM »

Chasin Hoo,
The tab planes are approx. 10" wide, and 12" long, and work great. I got new pics of the drain system today, if anybody wants em. That project took almost 50 hours of research/design/fabrication/installation, and close to $500 bucks, but is definitely worth it. Going offshore tomorrow...see if I remember how to fish.
Chasin' Hoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »

Sounds good. I shot you an email. Thanks

CHASIN' HOO
pangero

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 05:17:49 AM »

Chasin Hoo,
I sent you a photo document with descriptions, and approx. measurements. You will have an easier time with installation (if you decide to do it) due to the engine box access. My installation caused some red stuff to leak out of my hands and arms!
Good luck with the new engine install. If the bracket you have installed has some "flotation" properties, you may not need to do this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: