Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 03:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat order placed today!  (Read 13154 times)
Gatorguy

View Profile Email
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »

Thanks to all for all the feedback. It was all very helpful in selecting options for the boat.

I ordered a Niente with an ETEC 90. I'll post pix as I receive them of the build process.

Dan - aka Gatorguy
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »

Congratulations!

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
Yellowdog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

Great boats and builders. What color and layout?
Gatorguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »

Thanks. I went with the internal tank, no aft deck, center console, live well, trolling motor, swim platform, bimini top, windshield & grab rail, and a Sea Foam color. One neat option I'm going to have put in is the Garmin Meteor 300 audio system that connects to the 741 chart plotter via an NMEA cable. The Meteor 300 will be mounted inside the console for added protection against the elements. You control the audio system through the chart plotter.

Dan
9ball

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 02:32:32 PM »

Sounds very cool, Congrats!!!!!!!
Spekchaser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »

Sounds great, Rob will treat you right.  I have had my 18 for almost two months now and it's great.  D
Gatorguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »

Thanks. I'm looking forward to taking it out on the Mosquito Lagoon and Indian River before trying my luck out of Port Canaveral. I'm hoping to get the boat in just before the fall mullet run!

Dan
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 06:55:52 PM »

Dan, I live in Palm Coast and have been dying to go out of Port Canaveral more.  Perhaps when you're ready we can do some buddy boating together.

Captain Mike Brennan
Gatorguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 07:34:08 PM »

Capt Brennan,

I'll contact you on the forum once I'm ready to go. Thanks for the offer!

Dan
gatorprof

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:42 PM »

We should organize some PM owner outings at different locations around the State.
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 03:32:04 PM »

That's a great idea!  I'll be down in Pine Island Sound area Jun 7 - 15 anyone want to get together ... Pm me.

Captain Mike Brennan
Capt George

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »

sounds good to me too. A 20SS 90 Zook. I live in Windmill Village in Punta Gorda. However getting ready to
head up to Cape Cod till October. Maybe when I return, get together? Hope so. Have you thought about adding a Power Pole,
if you're going to do the flats, it would really be a plus. Good luck, you're gonna love her. And you could not
find better builders nor a more honorable man.
Gatorguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 06:34:04 PM »

Capt George,

Let's meet up when you get back. I like the power pole but can't justify the expense of that option. I'm most likely going to get a "Stick It" type of stake out pole. I had a similar setup on my last boat. It worked well on the Mosquito Lagoon, Indian a River, and Everglades.

Went out fishing yesterday on the south end of the Mosquito Lagoon and we ended up with 30+ trout. We couldn't buy a redfish but the weather conditions were great.

Planning on heading down to Chokoloskee for several weeks when I get the new boat. I'm planning on staying at my buddies place in Choko and break in the new boat.

Dan
Capt George

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 05:49:41 AM »

Gatorguy

Almost bought a place on Paradise Island, sits between Chokoloski and Everglades City.
Great fishing but the skeeters scared me away. Still sorry I did not buy in Goodland some
years ago, great location. It's like I want to be everywhere at once..
Have you ever read Totch? Great read on Everglades/Chokoloski etc. Keep me posted on the
new build.
Gatorguy

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 07:47:12 AM »

You aren't kidding about the bugs down there but they haven't been that bad the past few years IMHO. I haven't read Totch's book yet but did read all three of the  Peter Matthiessen Watson books. I got a kick out of those books and Matthiessen's writing style. It really gives you a detailed feel on how things were back at the turn of the century in that area. That was one lawless area with some tough SOB's who could take living in that environment.

I'm sticking with the bench seat cooler with 4 rocket launchers. At this point I'm configured to have both the front console and bench seat plumbed for a live well. I'm sure I'll only use the front console seat for bait most of the time but like having the option for a larger live well and redistributing the weight further back if needed.

I love fishing down in the glades and have camped several times in the back country with my recently sold Gheenoe classic. I've camped out at Watson's, Willy Willy, Camp Lonesome, and Darwin's. I'm really stoked at the added room the Niente will provide for hauling camping gear as the Gheenoe was loaded down for previous trips. Fishing on the outside is also something I'm stoked about as I really didn't take the Gheenoe anywhere but the back country. I'm researching offshore wreck GPS coordinates and trolling forums trying to find out what areas to hit this fall.

Dan - aka Gatorguy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: