Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 06:12:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Dry? And how good a ride?  (Read 3317 times)
Redfish74

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »

Hello everyone, Another new Member looking for real info on the panga. I am in the market for a new boat. I live on the Delmarva Peninsula. I fish the Chesapeake Bay, the  Atlantic coast and Inland waters. On the Chesapeake I have to run across some very snotty water at time to get to shallow waters I like to fish. At times there can be 3 to 4 footers getting there or coming to port. I also would like to try the wreaks off shore (about a 5 to 8 mile run). I have been looking very hard at all boats that say they are dry and run shallow. Looking for info you captains can help me with. I also would like this boat to last me at least 10 years. Will the panga be the boat for me. Again thanks for your info.
gobreeze

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »

What length hull are you looking at? 

Go
Redfish74

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:46:46 PM »

The 23 footer. I am talking to Mojito. And looking at all I can. Thanks for the reply.
gobreeze

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 03:43:26 PM »

I have a PM Boca and I have to cross Biscayne Bay from my ramp of choice to get to the reefs and blue water.  On some days, especially in the winter, we get a persistent 15 to 20 knot wind out of the east which chops the bay up.  My Panga is much dryer than the 22 Sea Pro or the Pathfinder 20 I've fished on in the same area.  But if you are running cross wind or at a angle to the wind, the spray still comes over the bow and wet you.  Going strait into the wind or with a trailing wind it's a dry ride.  I think others Panga owners will agree.

Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

Go 
gobreeze

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 03:52:37 PM »

Red,

Check this video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZsxV6Htec

25 foot Imemsa Panga in rough water.

V/r
Go
Redfish74

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 05:45:20 PM »

Hey guys thanks for the all the help. Having a boat now with a 96 in beam I worried about the room. I have been in short deep V boats and if you hit a 3 footer at a angle it would pitch pretty bad that if you were not holding on you may be out of the boat. I know I have lots of questions but I am planning on buying a boat that will do what I want and last me till I am to old to use it anymore. I do not have anyone in my area that has a panga. So I have to trust other owners word. Thanks again  Smiley
nomad15

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »

Theres a guy in Baltimore with Panga Marine 20. He's real friendly I'll see if I can find his contact information  Grin
Redfish74

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 03:53:33 AM »

That would be great only about 1 1/2 from him. Sorry so long responding. Tell him I will glad to pay for the ride. Thanks again.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: