Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 05:13:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowrance vs. Capt. Ryan  (Read 5033 times)
captryan

View Profile Email
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »

Just wanted to let you guys in on a the poor customer service that I am currently receiving from Lowrance....... My GPS has been having a problem where it says "GPS module not working".  I have an EAGLE GPS/finder.  I called Lowrance for help and they told me to send them my antenna and they would send a new one back to me.  I thought "wow what great service", Lowrance rules.  However, the customer service I have been getting is absolutely HORRIBLE and now they are trying to charge me $62 to get my antenna back.  They said my antenna has checked out fine on the bench test and that I owe them $62 for the test.  I told the rep, "wait a second, you never mentioned anything about cost to me when I talked to you".  After I told her that I wasn't going to pay it she told me well, it is better than the $112 you would have had to pay if the antenna was bad.  I said what?  If I was aware there was any kind of charge I would have never sent it in to you in the first place.  I would rather buy a new unit that works.  I told her to send it back to me and they are still refusing.  I told them that they stole it from me and I am prepared to take further action.  She started raising her voice at me and getting upset. After this conversation ended I wasn't happy with the service so I called back to talk to a supervisor.  I basically got the same info from this guy as I did the first person.  They are still refusing to send my antenna back.  He told me that my antenna was over 18 months old and that they don't warrenty their products after 18 months.  I asked him, "why didn't you call me and tell me that it was out of warrenty and this is the price it is going to cost you"?  He told me it was up to me to do all the research and trouble shoot myself.  He also told me that the first person I talked to probably didn't get the right training so this is why she didn't tell me there was cost involved.  I am not sure how this is my fault.  I just can't beleive all this.  I asked to speak to someone higher and am still waiting for the phone call as I am typing.  Basically what I am getting so far is:  Lowrance only believes in their product for 18 months and that they stole my antenna.  This is completely unfair.
Capt. Ryan
tigerbait

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »

That's ashame.  I had a friend who was about to purchase one of their HDS Units (not sure which size) so I sent him your Lowrance Service Complaint.  He said he will look at another brand.  I guess they will listen when Revenue begins to drop.
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »

That is crazy, I dont understand why customer service is ever bad. They are in the business to make the customer happy, if they are not happy the customer will not return and more than likely tell all his friends about the experience. Its a shame that those employees dont ever realize this.

snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »

Garmin has the best customer service. If your considering buying a new one. I definitely suggest checking them out.
Coconut Sunrise
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 12:53:15 AM »

businesses are DUMB arses 

How many will read this post and not buy their product ?  Me for one,,

62 to bench test a Antenna ?   keep climbing the ladder,    And hell even if you get the unit back, you still dont know if gps will work

j
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 07:03:20 AM »

I was looking at a Lowrance Radar that was a great deal, but this makes me realize that i should stick with what has worked for me for ever, Raymarine.

Steve

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 06:49:12 AM »

I have had trouble with my lowrance, 26c for the last two years, check your two fuses, and make sure they are not pulling a-part when you turn your unit on, It takes so many amps I think around 10 amps, for the unit to boot up and lock on to the gps, I thought it was my antenna also ,it wasn't ,only found out that last three mo that the fuses were the big problem all along, my unit would work fine for a while and then I would loose everything, fuse connectors would pull a part, try that when you get your antenna back first , If that's not the problem, ask to speak to a supervisor name Lance, Lowrance sent him to Australia, he just got back to the States, maybe he can help you, he is very knowledgeable and a nice fellow, however they are really having trouble with their customer service dept.Your not the first, and there are many people up north that are having problems also ,on a recent forum I belong to  ,I saw people posting DO NOT LOWRANCE, Good luck !
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:18:08 AM by Steve » Logged
captryan

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »

Steve thank you for the info.  I will give that a try.  As of right now Lowrance has not phoned me back.  I will give them two more days and then I shall call again.  If this doesn't work out I will more than likely get a Garmin.
nfairbank

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 04:04:04 AM »

Hi...

I have a HDS-7 Insight on my Pangler 26. All of the negative comments about Lowrance support are true. They take 3 weeks to respond to emails, the response is normally naieve, and the wait time for telephone support can be measured in lifetimes.

On my unit I purchased an external antenna another $ 226.00 vs 47.00 for Garmin.

However, having said all that, the fish finder is superb.  Also, the ability to retrieve and load data is better on Lowrance than most other models.

I thought of purchasing a Garmin 441S and running it alongside the HDS-7. In theory the two units can talk to each other thru the NMEA 2K network. It might make for an interesting setup.

captryan

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 08:30:19 PM »

Hey everybody thanks for the replies.  My next GPS will be a Garmin but need to save the funds first.
synthnut

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »

Captryan,
 Call them back and let them know that you are contacting the Attorney General of your state to let them know about Lowrances practices .......Make sure you have the name of your Attorney General , and a contact number ... Most businesses that I threaten with this sing a new song !!... I recently had GREAT customer service from the new company running Raymarine ....THey make some nice products !!.....I've got an older GPS/F.F. unit , and also an older F.F. that I bought at a close out sale ....Great products and great support ....Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: