Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:03:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Panga hull DIY project  (Read 63398 times)
Phil435

View Profile Email
« on: January 23, 2015, 06:37:36 AM »

Pulled the trigger on a 22-foot hull from Panga Marine.  Today, I will pick up a Coastline aluminum trailer and next week drive to Florida to pick up the hull.  I'm considering getting a 'nidacore' floor from PM.  Any of y'all had any experience with that material.  Once I get the hull, I'll start posting pictures of the build out.  Yahoo!
Yellowdog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:15:19 AM »

Congratulations. I will be looking forward to seeing what you do. This hull is very interesting to me as I have a Panga Marine 18 skiff and I would like to move up to the bigger version.
My experience with the Nida Core is on my skiff and in particular with mounting and rigging. For mounting anything the Nida Core deck works as well as any deck material I have come across. Pre drill and screw. You can cut it perfectly with a hole saw for rigging and caulk seems to adhere to it readily. I left a couple of cores from my hole saw outside in the weather last year just see what would happen and the material seems impervious to water saturation.
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »

So did you have glass in around the floor?
Yellowdog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »

The factory deck in my skiff is glassed over Nida Core. It is the deck material that Panga Marine uses on all their finished boats and I purchased my boat with the deck installed. I have only worked with the finished product.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:09:13 PM by Yellowdog » Logged
Swampy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »

If it's any help, I am reminded of this renovation thread, http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=104541&highlight=doc+panga, which involved the installation of a nidacore floor in an Imemsa 25.
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »

Thanks, Swampy. Now I have a better idea of what everybody's talking about.
Walt
Blue Star Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 06:12:30 AM »

Congratulations on your new boat (project). I look forward to monitoring your progress.

Hopefully we can provide help and ideas for this project, and you are also going to be able to provide  some real (no BS) numbers on what this project is going to cost. It would be awesome if you could keep records of everything you purchase in route to completion, every nut, bolt, hose, tube of caulk, and 12 pack of beer  Grin needed. I have seen several guesstemates of what this cost would be, and it  would vary greatly on how someone would rig this boat, and how much of the work they were able to do themselves. It will be very interesting to see where you end up by the time you get done.  At this point, what do you think it will cost you to finish this project (best guess  Huh)

If you don't already have one, you should register on photobucket (it's free)  http:/www.photobucket.com/, you will also find an app for your smart phone so that you can upload pictures directly from your phone. You cannot upload photos directly to this site, and you will need to provide links to your photobucket  acct.
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »

Thanks, Walt. I do plan to keep track of the costs.  Right now I'm guessing that I'll spend about $25,000, not including trailer.  I will set up a Photo bucket account once I get some pics.
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »

Picked up the hull last night in Sarasota.  Have to say that the PM shop is quite impressive. It's in pretty large (15,000-20,000 sq . ft.) building and in a nice neighborhood. Tom got me loaded up with the boat and the Nidacore deck piece. I'm headed back to Texas today. I'll be setting a photo bucket account soon and start posting pics of the build.
Yellowdog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »

Good luck with the project. I am  looking forward to your build out. What are you going to power it with? I think PM uses the Suzuki 140 on most of their completed boats.
Swampy

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »

Been checking for updates. if you stop in Lafayette on the way across Louisiana let me know so I can check it out.
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 03:51:38 PM »

Hey Yellowdog, the is to get a 90 horse Honda. Going for light and fuel efficient.

Swampy, sorry but we will be passing through Lafayette late and we need to get home.
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 06:11:20 PM »

Can anyone tell me how to get my pics from photo bucket to this forum?
beavis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »

sure, follow this thread

http://pangaforum.com/index.php?topic=2681.0
Rhett

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 08:19:16 PM »

Phil435, Thank You for taking the time to share your project with us.

Linking to pictures on Photobucket is easy once you understand what is happening.
Try this link, **How to post photos** http://pangaforum.com/index.php?topic=6.0

While on the Photobucket site, you will need to navigate from the "Library" page (the page that has the "Drag photos here to upload") by clicking on any "Thumbnail". Now you should be on the "User/-/media" page, easily identified by navigation buttons on the left and right of pictures. These are the pictures you want to copy the "Image Location" from.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: