Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 03:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The birth of Fool's Gambit  (Read 16773 times)
wildman

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »

Well, looks like she is born. Fool's Gambit is out of the mold and in process to be coming home May 2nd to Texas. I currently have a 18' Panga Marine Skiff but after years now of pinching pennies, I spent those on one of Rob's Panga Marine, Boca Grande. I will post pictures as she grows up. I think you fuys are going to dig what customs I have done with her.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:36:32 PM by wildman » Logged
Yellowdog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »

Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing it... try again with the pictures
wildman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/devans800/16701818386/

Ok, what am I doing wrong?  I am highlighting the above text, hitting the button (img) below italics and its putting the tag and I am hitting submit.  No picture shows up.  Huh?

Like this but with the bracket in front of the i

and it don't link?

img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/devans800/16701818386/in/photostream/[/img]

Yep, once the bracket goes in place, the link and tag disappear
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:50:15 PM by wildman » Logged
Rhett

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 05:08:54 PM »

wildman, it is not you or the forum. It is flickr, they say sharing of your photo is restricted, so BB Code will not work. You will need to post the links to flickr for viewing like you have done. Thanks for sharing!
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »

Nice, I'm sure you're stoked. More pics!
wildman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 04:41:04 PM »

Guess I will sign up for a photobucket account then because I want to share this build. Its going to be a good one.
wildman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »

Ok, lets try this.  Looks like I need to find the resize option, but I got

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:08:27 PM by wildman » Logged
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 05:18:10 PM »

Outstanding! Glad to see your project underway!

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
wildman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 09:12:43 PM »

I can't believe there is a better company to work with than Panga Marine, period.  Don't have any more pictures to post right now because we are thinking and fleshing out the plumbing on Fool's Gambit.

I am going with the Bait Center for my seat and bait tank, plumbing the bait tank with a Flow-rite system 4 and the Venturi Pump out. Staying just a fish box with the seat and having a ice box/live well in the front seat.  The reason I say that Panga Marine is the best is because there is no argument when I ask for a build to placed as I want and ideas from them when I come up with ideas that are not going to be functional.  Most companies will just build it as they want it built or continue to dig into your pocket book and put every bone head idea you can come up with and not put in any "well, let me tell you what problems we have had in the past with that."

There was no doubt in my mind that once I got the coin together I was going to have Panga Marine build my next boat, I am just glad that since 2009 when I bought my skiff this company has continued to be so customer focused.

I am sure that after Fool's Gambit hits some offshore and drifts some flats, folks will be asking what and where I bought my boat.

Thank you to Rob and Tom and all their boat helpers!

D
Park

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 05:46:49 AM »

Wildman, I couldn't agree with more. Rob has taken the time to answer every question I've had about my upcoming build. It never seems like it's a hassle even though I'm sure he has a lot on his plate.
jmfcc33
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 08:42:34 PM »

Good looking boat.  You interested in selling the PM 18?  I am in Texas and might be interested.
wildman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »

Yea, I am interested in trying to sell it out right.  Shoot me a PM with your number.

Here is the progress so far.  Tried to get before deck pictures but those boys work FAST!

I booked rooms for May 3 and 4th at Cypress Cove Marina in Venice Louisiana.  We are going to try to bloody Fool's Gambit before we get her back to Texas.  Its a 70 mile run for me to get to Tuna water in Texas and only 30 miles in Venice.  I just hope we have enough rod/reel for the job.

avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »

great color...best of luck
Walt
Blue Star Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 04:35:18 AM »

I booked rooms for May 3 and 4th at Cypress Cove Marina in Venice Louisiana.  We are going to try to bloody Fool's Gambit before we get her back to Texas.  Its a 70 mile run for me to get to Tuna water in Texas and only 30 miles in Venice.  I just hope we have enough rod/reel for the job.

That would be one heck of a shake down cruise.
wildman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »

There was actually a plan to fly to Florida and fish the boat back to Texas. After looking at ports, gas and lodging, we figured it to be too much of an adventure for two old dudes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: