Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 12:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Started my Panga Marine 22 DIY project  (Read 41369 times)
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »

Capt - the middle section of delta pad looks flat to me.  Tom Biller from panga marine told me that is were they install the thru hulls and the raw water pickup too.  I sure hope you are wrong Smiley!

I just cut the mat and dry fitted it,,,,after a quick nap I will start mixing the epoxy...more pics to follow.

wildman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 03:34:07 PM »

Great input on the delta pad. I am putting my LSS and sonar on transom mount too.
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 05:37:38 PM »

Well, I hope I'm wrong, but if Tom says he's That's where they mount them, I would trust his judgement.  I was just reporting my experience with the transducer location, which he installed for me. I still have it mounted, left it as a spare I guess, but don't use it anymore.  I have posted somewhere on this forum my transom transducer layout, both standard and side scan, using stern savers, that works out great if anyone else is interested.

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 05:59:45 PM »

Thank you Capt...I sent Tom an email to verify the location....I appreciate your comments.   
Panga Marine One

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 05:54:59 AM »

This is a typical thru-hull set up in the 22' boats. We have no reported issue with this arrangement.

Panga Marine One

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 07:38:56 AM »

Capt. Brennan, you give good advice on this board and your word should be taken seriously because it comes with experience. I am sorry to hear you had issues with the thru-hull transducer on your boat. I would like to try and solve that problem, maybe in a new thread. But for Anthony I would like to go over a few things here. A transducer and sounder can have a lot of settings that affect the way it works especially when the boat is under way. It is rare that a sounder works in every condition right out of the box, especially when the boat is on plane. It is almost always necessary to make adjustments to the sounder. Some of the adjustments may include but not limited to; selecting the transducer type, noise reduction settings can include; interference, color limit, smoothing , surface noise, time varying gain (gain), shift, echo stretch, bottom track, transmit rate, and filter width.  Experimenting with the sounder settings under different conditions is the only way to get the most out of your sounder and transducer setup. If you use a thru-hull transducer make sure it is a 0 degree tilt. The 22’ boat has a wedge under the transom that does not allow for an “EZ-PUMP” pick up like on the 20’ boat. Going through the bottom of the 22’ is the only option. We don’t have an issue with the pump sucking air especially if you do it like the one in the photos.
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »

Thanks Tom....for all your support
Capt Brennan
Blue Star Club
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Tom.  I bow to your greater experience. I appreciate your offer of help, it's very kind of you, especially since it has been many years since you put my boat together, but iI'm happy and satisfied with the extra transducer.  I've been meaning to put a switch so I could switch between them, but haven't gotten around to it, so no worries.

Thanks for chiming in and easing any worries others may have and alleviating confusions that I may have inadvertently caused.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:18:39 PM by Capt Brennan » Logged

Captain Mike Brennan
Master, 100 ton, steam, motor or auxiliary sail vessel
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 07:58:48 AM »

Installed the access door into the Panga Marine Center Console....

IMG_3194 by a.vitucci, on Flickr
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 08:16:05 AM »

I purchased 2 of these access doors, if anyone needs one let me know.  I paid $59.00 for it.
Walt
Blue Star Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 04:08:02 PM »

Installed the access door into the Panga Marine Center Console....

IMG_3194 by a.vitucci, on Flickr

Are you going to have access on the stern side of your console?
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 06:36:25 PM »

Avitucci, I was going to ask you the same question as Walt, as I was planning on mounting the same hatch on my console on the stern side. Do you plan to build in a box under the seat?

Is that the Tohatsu 90 on your boat?
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »

I haven't made up my mind re access or storage on the aft face of the console.  I would like to buy a storage compartment with cover that could be removed if i needed to get my fat ass further under the console...I just haven't found anything yet that is priced reasonably...any ideas?
Phil435

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 08:20:17 AM »

I'm planning on placing the batteries under the console and, of course, all the rigging and wiring. I was hoping to fashion some type of partition to separate all that from the forward area under the seat.  I probably should have let Tom build in the storage box.
avitucci
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 03:41:49 PM »

@ Phil435 - it is a 90 Nissan (Tohatsu with Nissan branding) Tohatsu is no longer co-marketing with Nissan, so they were closing out the Nissan branded motors, I go the 90 for 7200 installed with a single gauge.

Tom Biller put an insulated live well under the forward seat, I plan on installing a drain and using it as a cooler.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: