Panga Forum
News:

Registration is now back open. Hopefully the new spam software will work !

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 03:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 Imensa repowered with 200hp  (Read 5958 times)
trip

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »

Thanks for sharing Pirate Ship.  Great photo's.
Swampy

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 08:04:35 PM »

Thanks.  That is a fine vessel.  I also like the wedding pic.  My kind of wedding.
reyrey

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 02:06:49 PM »

Beautiful boat... Why would you sell it?
Pirate Ship

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 07:38:50 AM »

The reason I might sell is just to start another project.  I have had a lot of fun tuning this one.  I have ambitions for a slightly larger boat based on an Imensa 33.  There are two running around Corpus Christi.  The University of Texas research center has one in Port Aransas which is really nice.  I see it with up to 12 people sitting comfortably and running good speeds.  Another guy is using one as a giant flats boat.  It would float shallower than mine.  I am having too much fun this summer to decide yet.  Richard Beck (Panga USA) is based out of Corpus Christi so there are a lot of people converting and building them down here.  I like the Imensa versions better because most models have extra spray chines to make them a little drier.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:00:01 AM by Pirate Ship » Logged
Pirate Ship

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 10:46:49 AM »

Boat:
Custom 26 foot Bemm Boatworks w-26 Imensa replica.  This boat was built in Texas 100%.  It is not an Imensa hull that has been finished out.  A new 26 Imensa was straightened/smoothed and had a few drain holes moved or removed completely.  The transom was raised about 2.5”.  Then a mold was made of the modified boat.  This boat has all American made fiberglass hull which is a little thicker than the Imensa version.  You can feel the difference and stiffness/weight on the water.  I am not saying the Imensa is bad, but this boat is much stronger.  The entire floor is filled with marine grade closed cell foam including gunnels except for the bilge pump area in the back.  The floor, casting platform, and rear storage compartments are made of ¾” high grade marine plywood with fiberglass over it.  It is a very heavy duty non skid textured finish.  The stringers run lengthwise instead of horizontal as most Imensas are made.  There are rigging tubes throughout boat under the floor.  Two gel cell batteries mounted in bow with Perko switch and heavy 2 gauge cable to the motor.  The console is a custom made mold which was narrowed to fit this boat and handle a 44 gallon fuel tank under the console.  The aluminum on the console has been reinforced to handle the removable 15’ telescoping stainless outriggers.  The outriggers are really slick.  They allow you to move around the boat while fighting a fish or checking lines without moving any rods.  I can troll 4 rods with ease and good separation.  They are used as extra rod holders when I leave the outriggers at home.  There are 12 rod holders total on boat plus the umbrella tube.  I like big soft side coolers and an extra 5 gallon fuel can under the leaning post which has the normal storage under the seat and four rod holders.  Extra rear facing pad on leaning post so other people can comfortably watch the rods facing backwards.  There is another removable 55 gallon collapsible fuel cell that can be used but I have never needed it.  There is a 75 quart Yeti in front of console and a 150 quart coffin box with custom rod holders as part of the cradle.  This cradle also has a slot for the stainless steel folding umbrella.  Originally this cradle had a 250 quart Yeti but it was stolen but can be put back with ease if someone wanted the bigger coffin box.  The umbrella is wider than the boat when in use.  I troll with it up for extra shade and then just collapse to run to the next location.  The trim tabs are made by Andros Boatworks and are specially designed for panga boats.  The trim tabs are flared special to direct water toward center of boat which aids in shallow water performance much like a tunnel would so you can run the motor higher.  The trim tabs have the upgraded $400 led lighted console switch which allows you to see how much tab you are using instead of counting and guessing like most systems.  The trim tabs help with shallow water launches and really help with cross seas so you can stay drier.  I would recommend the trim tabs for any panga just for the ability to make it so much drier in cross seas.  You can also increase your speed in cross seas as well by about 3 mph because it stays level and on plane better.  There is a really nice stereo that has satellite, CD, and Ipod docking station and waterproof speakers mounted in bow.  Large screen Garmin color GPS and plotter.  Serious offshore style thru hull transducer mounted in bilge next to big bilge pump.  4” setback Bob’s jack plate with 6” vertical lift.  Stainless Sea Star hydraulic steering.  Custom aluminum Coastline trailer with torsion bars instead of axles/leaf springs with spare tire on all aluminum matching wheels.
Motor:
2014 Etec 200hp HO.  This is the big block model with extra water intakes mounted in the nose cone from the factory.  It was bought new in March of 2014 with a 6 year warranty that is transferable.  The current prop is a Power Tech OFX 4 blade in a 19 pitch.  I have a spare 4 blade stainless Evinrude prop in 19 pitch also for back up.  I have the flared water intakes to increase the water pressure as well in elevated shallow water situations.  Boat is currently getting 51 mph WOT and cruising 38 mph at 4000 rpms with a mild load.  A big offshore 3 blade would increase speed/mileage and flares are easily removed if you want even more speed.  Driving this boat with remind you of a sit down jet ski.  There is serious torque and fun.

It will available at the end of the summer for purchase.  Please call 361-813-7331 to talk about details and price.
DIXON7007

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »

Did this sell?
Pirate Ship

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »

It did not sell.  I was out playing this last weekend.  The summer is coming to an end so give me a call if you have any questions.
Pirate Ship

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 08:29:29 AM »

This boat is for sale.

85 hours on motor and factory warranty on motor.

See details in Classified section.

$43,000
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: