Panga Forum
News:

Be Sure and visit our site sponsors. Every Click Helps!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 19, 2014, 10:53:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Eduardono boats?  (Read 10868 times)
till
Blue Star Club

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:45:36 AM »

Hi,

I've been reading some ok reviews of their boats. Does anyone have some experience with their boats, and perhaps a contact there?

Ta,

till
doc

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:46:15 AM »

For whjat its woirth, there website now lists a distributer in Miami, might make it really easy to get these here in US...
XpatBubba

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:04:27 PM »

I live in Roatan Honduras, the police confiscated over 20 Eduardono hulls because they were often used as drug boats. They messed a few local fishermen & dive concessions up pretty bad
raulcroes

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »

Hello guys,

I have an Eduardoņo panga boat 22.5'. The boat is better than what I anticipated. The hull finish (gel coat) is like glass, very very beautiful. It handles the waves/ rough waters superbly. I am very happy with my Eduardoņo boat! On the flip side the thing that I don't like so much is that the inside tends to be slippery!. I didn't order the optional floorboards. I have seen how at the local dump they tried to destroy a retired coastguard 40' Eduardoņo panga boat with a bulldozer. they put the bow and the stern on blocks so they could put the weight of the bulldozer in the middle of the hull to crush it, no dice! it would not budge. In the end they had to use carbide tip chainsaw to weaken the hull so the bulldozer could finish it off.

My experience with Eduardoņo panga boat.

Raul  Grin
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:02:54 PM by raulcroes » Logged
beavis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »

bulldozer proof, good to know  Grin

tell us some more about your 22.5, photos, hp, pictures. we like those kinds of things
raulcroes

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:30:10 PM »

Ok guys,

I am working on a powerpoint presentation so I can post it on you tube. It will cover picking up of the boat from the dealer, installation of the OB and filters..etc. and its launch. Its a bare bones panga, no console or top yet. Here is a picture of my son with his catch of the day! a 25 lb. grouper.

regards

Raul  Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:30:08 PM by raulcroes » Logged
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »

Raul

Here's something that will fix that slippery deck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2QY9MGQVA
raulcroes

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »

Thanks for the advice snook321,
I'm sure the Kiwigrip product would solve my slippery deck problem but here in Aruba we are very limited as to what is available to us the marine enthusiast. I've used Interlux paint with the granules spheres but it wasn't so great at creating an anti slip floor and on top of that in just over a month it has started to peel off by it self. I paid about $114 U.S. for that crap. I would like to build some floorboards of composite material with anti-slip properties but I'm not very knowledgeable on that subject.

Raul  Huh
doc

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 06:15:32 AM »

Raul, when the gel coated the boat the probably put in some wax which floats to the top and forms a protective barrier.  You need to sand of the sheen from the floors before coating,  after the prep you can either use gel coat or a marine paint with good adhesion,  paint easier to use but not as resistant to wear.  Would save alot of weight over composite flooring.
raulcroes

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 07:02:17 AM »

As promised here is the link on the powerpoint presentation on you tube.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhC6GpEqbvg

Raul Smiley
houdini656

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »

Hi,

I live down here in Panama and I saw a 27' one of these for sale for $6,000, it was one of those "used only one time boats" that are found floating in the ocean around here from time to time.  The finish on the outside is very nice but the the finish on the inside is rather ruff I suppose that reflects it's intended former use, but the thing is really rather massive and over built looking.  My questions are:  What would be the ideal motor to use for fishing and what do these things normally cost?  Also, in the universe of pangas how does this brand rate.

Thanks,

Dan 
raulcroes

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »

Hello Dan,

I can tell you from my experience with an Eduardoņo panga boat. You can read from the previous post what size boat I have etc. These boat are made by Eduardoņo in Colombia who are licensed by Yamaha Japan. You can check out their website www.eduardono.com. There you can see the full line of fishing boats, transportation boats, glass bottom boats, yachts, jetskys and military boats made by them. I bought mine at a local dealer for $8,000 and it is worth every penny.

Raul  Smiley

houdini656

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »

Thanks Raul.

Dan
doc

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »

Raul finally watched the slide show...  cool boat!  I dig the beach launch.
houdini656

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »

There website dealer locater does not seem to function, does anyone have information on how to find dealers?

Dan
Panga Forum

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sports Betting