Panga Forum
News:

Be Sure and visit our site sponsors. Every Click Helps!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 10:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaw wing cavitation plate  (Read 5949 times)
Her Problem

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »

I installed a Shaw wing anti cavatation plate on my F115 and suddenly my Back water 18 was transformed,improved holeshot,increased top end by 4 mph,allowed sharp fast turns with improved control,increased fuel economy,quieter operation and a lot less trim adjustments.Can't wait to run the boat light,the first three days with the wing I was carrying 2 and 3 people with a full tank of gas.
I was in sticker shock after I bought it until we went out and ran it,I figure it will pay for itself in the first year with increased fuel economy.Hopefully this next week off I can do some really skinny water trials with it,I think its going to do great. Grin

excoastie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »

Sounds cool. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:51:17 AM »

That does sound pretty cool, im having a bit of cavitation on my Panga now. Im wondering if this would help?

How much of a sticker shock?

Her Problem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »

Sticker shock was $285 for cav plate plus hardware,they also provided adhesive,instructions with photos and template for spacing and edge distance for drilling.You can go to stiffypushpoles.com to see cav plate,I will post some pictures of my boat next week.I would absolutely spend the money again! It's just better,trimming is easier,better mileage,better handling,better holeshot.I now have a alot more useable tilt and trim,can't wait to go play in the shallows.
snook321
Captains Club

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »

Dude, if you make that thing any faster you might want to add some wings.  Shocked
tigerbait

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »

How skinny have you had your backwater prior to your plate?
Her Problem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 10:34:38 AM »

Hav'nt done much skinny water at all,I have been able to get on top with 2 people in about a foot and a half.When on plane running I've been able to run in less than a foot no problem without raising the jackplate,but hav'nt had the oppurtunity to try these things without the cav plate.The Backwater floats in about 8 to 10 inches of water static.
Her Problem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:59:12 AM »

Finally able to post some pics[img][/img]
Captain Tyler
Administrator
Founding Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »

Well I can honestly say functionality aint pretty !! You need to paint that thing yammy silver!!

I just contacted them about putting one on my panga, well see what they come up with...

Her Problem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »

Your going to love it!Took her out again today,I just can't explain how much MORE satisfied I am with the Backwater after installation of the Shaw wing Grin.Let me know how things go with yours.Definitely looking into Yammy silver,taking my time to do it right.
Salty Tiger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 08:38:34 AM »

After reading this post I started looking at different plates for my 18. I ended up going with the Manta Ray. I put it on this week and will test it out this weekend. I'll post some pictures and how it performed next week.
Bogibar

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 01:59:09 PM »

I installed a Shaw wing anti cavatation plate on my F115 and suddenly my Back water 18 was transformed,improved holeshot,increased top end by 4 mph,allowed sharp fast turns with improved control,increased fuel economy,quieter operation and a lot less trim adjustments.Can't wait to run the boat light,the first three days with the wing I was carrying 2 and 3 people with a full tank of gas.
I was in sticker shock after I bought it until we went out and ran it,I figure it will pay for itself in the first year with increased fuel economy.Hopefully this next week off I can do some really skinny water trials with it,I think its going to do great. Grin

I know this is replying to an old post but have any of you looked at Uncle Norm's Marine Products and the videos that they have on you-tube for their fin systems? I have three boats and I run the Uncle Norm's fins on all of them. I've never had a heating problem. I didn't have to drill any holes and I get much more from them than just less cavitation. I'm just saying you should check it out.
Panga Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sports Betting